Location-based Pings can tell you when invited users leave and arrive (for example: “tell me when Dave gets home”).
If you set one of these up and it didn’t work, please see the potential causes and solutions, below:
- Has the person been added as an invited user?
- If the person has been tagged using facial recognition, but not officially added as an invited user, then GPS will not be tracked. Take a look at these steps to add the person as an invited user.
- Is that person logged in to the Lighthouse app?
- If the invited user isn’t logged in, the app won’t be able to use location data from the phone. (If you haven’t added the person as an invited user to your account, here’s how to do it!)
- Does that person’s phone have an internet connection?
- If not, the Lighthouse app can’t use the GPS location to arm/disarm the system.
- Is your home’s location set correctly?
- Click the More tab, then click Site Location. Verify that the location is correct, or move the map pin to the correct location.
- Are location services turned on for the Lighthouse app?
- iOS users: On your phone, open Settings, then scroll down to tap Lighthouse. Confirm Location is set to Always
- Android users: On your phone, open Settings then tap General. Tap Configure apps (or App settings), then App permissions. Tap Your location then make sure permission is toggled on for Lighthouse.
If you’ve checked all of the above, please go to the More tab and click contact support to let us know what Ping you were trying to set up and what went wrong.