If the live video view on the Home tab isn’t working, please select the situation that fits you best for steps to correct the issue:
The Lighthouse app depends on a good internet connection to stream video, so that’s the first thing to check.
- If you’re on a weak cellular connection, try switching to WiFi (or vice versa)
- If you can't switch, reset the connection by toggling airplane mode on for 5 seconds, then back off. Then force close the app and open it from scratch.
If this doesn’t solve the issue, restarting the app usually helps.
- iOS users should double tap the home button and swipe up on the Lighthouse app.
- Android users should tap the square button at the bottom of the screen and swipe to close the Lighthouse app.
If neither solution works, the camera may have been disconnected from WiFi and need to be reconnected. When you (or someone at home) are able, please take the steps below, based on the color of the LED status light.
This means there’s a connection problem, which can usually be corrected with the following steps:
- Unplug your device for 5-10 seconds, then plug it back in. The LED status light will turn solid red as it loads, but should turn white when it reconnects.
- If the device continues flashing red after booting up, restarting your WiFi router usually helps. Most routers have a restart button, but if not you can unplug the router, then plug it back in.
Your Lighthouse will reconnect when a good WiFi signal is available again.
This means your Lighthouse device is receiving a scheduled update or booting up (usually after an update).
Depending on your home WiFi connection, this can take up to 12 minutes. If the LED status light stays solid red for longer than that, please unplug the camera, wait 10 seconds then plug it back in.
If the LED status light stays solid red after a reboot, please contact support and we’ll be happy to help.
This means the camera signal has been disrupted and is trying to start streaming again.
If it continues for more than 1 minute, unplug the device, wait 10 seconds, then plug it back in. The device will reboot (with a solid red LED status light) then should come back online.
A solid white LED status light means the camera’s connected and streaming, so the most likely cause is trouble with the phone's internet connection. Please follow the steps below:
- Force close the app.
- Switch to a different or stronger WiFi connection (toggle airplane mode on, then off if you can't switch).
- Reopen the app.
If you continue to have trouble please contact support and we’ll be happy to help!
This means the camera has reset and is disconnected from your account and WiFi.
To reconnect the device, please take the following steps:
- Unplug the camera for 10 seconds, then plug it back in.
- On your phone, toggle airplane mode on for 5 seconds, then back off.
- Once the camera is blinking blue, open the Other tab in the app.
- Tap Set Up Camera
You'll be walked through the setup process again; once it's complete you should see the camera on your Home tab.