We know privacy's just as important as seeing and hearing what's going on at home, so we've built in a couple of options for turning your camera on and off.
- On the Home tab, tap the icon to turn the camera off
- Tap the icon to turn the camera back on
Note: the camera will remain inactive until you turn it back on. Additionally, quickly switching the camera from on to off too many times in a row may cause a temporary disconnection.
Audio streaming and recording is on by default when you set up the camera.
To turn audio off manually, just follow these steps:
- Go to the app's More tab
- Tap your camera name(s)
- Tap Privacy
- Toggle audio streaming and recording off
When the toggle is on, audio will stream and record any time the camera's on (see Automatic Privacy, below). At this time, we don't offer the option to stream live audio without recording.
- On the More tab, tap Cameras, then tap on your camera
- Tap on Privacy
- Select when you'd like the camera to turn off automatically:
- Owner is home turns the camera off only when you (or others you've invited to be an Owner) are home
- Owner or member is home turns the camera off when Owners or Members are home, but keeps it on for Guests
- Anyone with the app is home turns the camera off for anyone on your account who's downloaded the app
- Never keeps the camera on all the time
Not sure what Owners/Members/Guests are, or how to add users to your account? Click here!