Below, you'll find a guide to the device itself. For a more on what's in the device, visit our technology page.
The LED status light lets you quickly check the camera status, but if you'd prefer it turned off just follow the steps below (you can always turn it back on later):
- Tap the More tab
- Tap your camera name
- or Cameras then camera name if you have more than one
- Tap the LED slider to turn the status light off
Solid red: booting up or updating and rebooting.
Blinking blue: ready for setup.
Solid blue: in the process of being set up.
White: connected to wi-fi and streaming video.
Blinking white: connected to wi-fi but not streaming video.
Blinking red: attempting to reconnect to wi-fi or our servers.
For troubleshooting when the LED is in one of these states, click here.
The device is meant to be stationary, but it can tilt backward and forward in one direction. It can't be rotated in the base, nor can the app be used to remotely pan side to side or tilt the device.
The device becomes warm to the touch after it's been running. This is normal and has been thoroughly tested. The device shouldn't become hot to the touch, but if you have any concerns please contact us.
In case you need to clear the wi-fi settings from your device, we've included a small hole on the back of the device, below the power socket. To reset your network connection settings:
- With the device plugged in, insert a paper clip about half an inch into the hole.
- Press and hold the clip down (you should feel it press the reset button).
- When the LED turns blue, release and remove the paper clip.
- Wait for the camera to boot up (it's finished when it blinks blue again).
The device's serial number and MAC address can be found on the box the device came in. If you no longer have the box, you can also find this information by taking the following steps:
- Unplug your Lighthouse
- Hold the base still with one hand.
- With the other hand, rotate the device counter-clockwise.
- When the device separates from the base, turn the device upside-down.
- Push the pivot arm to one side.
- The serial and MAC address will be listed on a sticker inside the cavity in the bottom of the device.
What to do: a warm, damp cloth will usually do the trick, but using an alcohol-based lens cleaner is also safe.
What not to do: do not use cleaning solvents (furniture polish, glass cleaners, disinfectants) or coarse materials.
Lighthouse is not waterproof, and should never be submerged.