With Pings (or custom notifications), you can tell the Lighthouse app what you want to know about--you'll get a push notification on your phone when it happens. See below for guides to setting up and managing Pings.
To start, just open the Ask tab. Tap the mic (or to the left of the mic) to tell Lighthouse what you want it to notify you of.
Pings can be generic or very specific, depending on how much detail you want:
“Tell me if you see any people.”
“Ping me if you see any pets this morning.”
“Tell me if Andy doesn’t get home by 5pm”
“If you see the kids after 10pm when I’m not there let me know.”
“Tell me if you don’t see any people with the dog between 12pm and 2pm on weekdays”
Building a Ping takes just a few steps! For example:
- “Tell me if ____ “
- “If ____ let me know.”
- “Ping me if _____”
Add the subject you're interested in:
- “Tell me if Andrew____ “
- “If ____ the kids, let me know.”
- “Ping me if the dog_____”
Add what you want to know about the subject:
- “Tell me if the Andrew gets home____ “
- “If you see the kids ____, let me know.”
- “Ping me if the dog is seen_____”
Add conditions (days, times, or presence/absence)
- “Tell me if Andrew gets home after 4pm on weekdays “
- “If you see the kids on Mondays when I’m not there, let me know.”
- “Ping me if the dog is seen between 12pm and 1pm on weekdays”
People (general) - Ask Lighthouse about "people," "kids," "anyone," "someone," and more.
People the camera sees - First teach Lighthouse to recognize faces it's seen, then ask for them by name (see section above for more).
- "Tell me when you see Dave"
People by their phone's location - Invite family to your Lighthouse account so it knows if they're home or not, then ask about them coming and going (see section above for more).
- "Let me know when Brad gets home"
Pets - Ask Lighthouse about the dog or cat to see what your pets are up to.
Day and time - Ask about specific times: "Monday afternoon," "after 4pm," "between 4pm and 7pm," "weekdays," "tomorrow" and more.
Multiple Lighthouse cameras - If you've got more than one camera, search by the name you gave it.
- "Tell me if you see anyone at the Front Door"
- "Was the dog in the Kitchen"
What Lighthouse doesn't understand - Lighthouse doesn’t yet recognize inanimate objects (like backpacks, couches or counters) or actions, but we’d love to hear what you’d like to see in the future--drop us a line!
When you set up a Ping it will continue to notify you when its conditions are met until you delete it.
Once a Ping is triggered, you can snooze it:
- Open the Events tab and tap on the triggered Ping (yellow bell icon)
- Tap on the notification bar above the video
- Choose how long you want to snooze the Ping for
To reactivate the Ping, go back to Events, tap on the Ping again, then the notification bar and reactivate it.
To delete your Pings:
- In the Lighthouse app, open the Events tab
- Tap the icon in the upper right corner
- Choose the Ping you want to remove