Welcome to Lighthouse!
How to set up your Lighthouse device
Plug your Lighthouse in and wait for the LED status light to blink blue, then follow the steps below:
- In the app tap Create a new account.
- Tap I have a camera to find your device.
- Select your wi-fi, enter the password and tap Confirm.
- Name the device (avoid use of special characters).
- Confirm the GPS location for your home (if it doesn’t select the precise location, move the map so the pin is correct). This will ensure the system turns security alerts on when you leave and turns security alerts off when you return.
- Choose the name, email and password to use for your Lighthouse account.
|Once your camera is streaming, make sure the 2-3 feet in front of the camera are free of obstructions. Having objects permanently in that area can interfere with the computer vision's accuracy.|
What should I do after setup?
First, get started with facial recognition to teach Lighthouse to recognize people on sight. You can start tagging visitors to your home so you can ask Lighthouse if it has seen someone it knows.
Facial recognition is not used for security alerts, so next, you'll want to avoid false alarms and make sure Lighthouse turns security alerts on and off for everyone in the family by adding users to your account.
Once you've had Lighthouse set up for a few days, you can start exploring all of the Search options that are available to you. Search for daily summaries, specific times of day, and individual people who may have been in your home, or any other topics that might interest you!
Click here to see all articles about using Lighthouse. Learn about finding setting up pings, privacy settings, two-way audio, and more!