Welcome to Lighthouse!
Place Lighthouse on a steady, level surface between 4 and 8 feet high. You should also make sure the camera's front has a clear view of the room with no obstructions.
Then, plug your Lighthouse in, wait for the LED status light to blink blue, and follow the steps below:
- In the app tap Create a new account.
- Tap I have a camera to find your device.
- Select your Wi-Fi, enter the password and tap Confirm.
- Name the device (avoid use of special characters).
- Confirm the GPS location for your home (if it doesn’t select the precise location, move the map so the pin is correct) to allow security notification Pings to turn on and off automatically.
- Choose the name, email and password to use for your Lighthouse account.
Are you having trouble setting up? Click here for help!
Important note about placement: keep your camera's view clear of any obstruction. Nothing should obstruct the view for the first 3 feet, including table or countertops.
What do I need to do once my camera's connected?
- See how to use facial recognition
- Learn what will (and won't) trigger security notification Pings
- Make sure your Lighthouse knows everyone at home by adding users to your account
- Learn how to access your 30-day video history
- View other articles to help you get started, and take a look at our app user guide