Setting up more Lighthouse devices in your home is even easier than your first (if you'd like to set one up at another location, please contact support).
Follow the steps below to connect additional devices to your account.
What you’ll need to get started
- Lighthouse device, plugged in
- Your home wi-fi password
- The Lighthouse app
Please note: if you're setting up two devices in a row you'll need to wait 5 minutes in between. This allows the bluetooth connection from the first device to shut off, so it won't compete with the second device.
How to set up your Lighthouse device
Once you’ve plugged in your device, wait for the LED status light to blink blue.
- Open the Lighthouse app to the More tab.
- Tap Add New Camera and let the app find your device.
- Select your home wi-fi, enter the password and tap Confirm.
- Name the device, avoiding special characters and too many numbers.
Finally, adjust the view to make sure the camera sees the area you want to know about.
Using your other devices
Now that the camera's set up, there are two important things to remember to get the most out of them:
- Switch between your camera live streams by swiping right or left on the video in the 'Home' tab.
- When searching or setting up Pings, you can use the device names to narrow your results. For example, if you have devices named Front Door and Garage, you can say, "Tell me if you see kids in the Garage". In the same scenario saying, "Tell me if you see kids" would Ping you if kids were seen by either device.