Please see below for the top frequently asked questions from Lighthouse customers. Categories include:
How easy is setup?
- Once you’ve downloaded the app and plugged in the Lighthouse device, the app will prompt you to connect the device to your home wi-fi, then name the camera. That’s all you need to get up and running.
Does it plug in or use batteries?
- Lighthouse runs on a 12V plug, which supports 100-240V AC. Battery power is not available.
Can I use it outdoors?
- Lighthouse is designed and tested for indoor use only and is not weatherproof, so we recommend indoor use only. Use through a window will cause results to vary, so we do not recommend it.
How many Lighthouse devices do I need?
- The number of units you need depends on the size of your home and what you want to use Lighthouse for. For example, if you're most interested in security, one device to view each entrance may work fine; if you want more detail about what your pets and family are up to, a device for each common room will get you there
- Adding devices is easy and you giving them different names means you can search or set up Pings by camera, giving you the granularity you need.
- Each device can use up to 1mbps of upload bandwidth (when activity levels are high), so most home internet plans should easily be able to use multiple devices.
Can it be mounted on the wall or ceiling?
- Yes, Lighthouse can be mounted on the wall. Mounts are available on www.light.house, but your Lighthouse shouldn’t be placed higher than 8 feet high or you risk losing accuracy for person- and facial recognition.
- Lighthouse should not be mounted on the ceiling, upside-down, or at too sharp an angle; doing so can severely limit the advanced computer vision that makes Lighthouse so valuable to you.
How is my video stored?
- Your video is stored securely (see below) in the cloud so you can access it whenever you need. This means that unlike an internal memory card, if your camera is stolen you'll be able to access the video to find the culprit!
How do you keep my data and videos secure?
- Security and privacy are very important to us! All connections are encrypted with bank-level AES-256, 2048-bit keys and secure HTTP access (HTTPS) using TLS/SSL. Users log in using industry leading SRP-6a/PBKDF2 protocol. We keep your data stored privately and securely, and no one has access to your footage unless you explicitly provide permission.
Can I turn the camera off while I'm home?
- Yes, the Lighthouse app includes an option to turn the camera and/or audio off manually in case you want some extra privacy now and then.
Do I need a subscription?
- Lighthouse is designed for use with an active subscription, which provides its intelligent features and ability to view recorded video. The device will still stream live video without a subscription, but other features will be limited.
Is my subscription refunded if I return the device?
- Yes, if you wish to return the device within our 30-day return policy we'll issue a refund of the service as well.
When will my pre-order ship?
- We'll ship purchases in the order they were placed, starting in September, and we'll send an email with a tracking number when it's on the way. If you need to change your order or cancel it for a full refund, just email email@example.com from the email address you used to place the order.
Is Lighthouse available outside of the United States and Canada?
- Lighthouse is currently sold in the United States and Canada only.
- Some features will likely see diminished functionality in other countries, as they haven't been tested outside North America.
- Please also note, video search and Pings respond to English only.
What if I need to change or cancel my order?
- We're here to help! Just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org from the email address you placed the order with and let us know what you need.
What is Lighthouse's return policy?
- Lighthouse offers a 30-day return policy from the date your order is delivered. Please note, any original shipping and handling charges are not refundable, and the device must be received in its original condition to be eligible for a full refund.
What is Lighthouse's warranty policy?
- Lighthouse purchases come with a 1-year limited warranty, which begins when you receive the device.
When am I charged for my pre-order?
- You'll won't be charged until your pre-order ships! You'll need to enter credit card information at checkout, but we won't charge it until the order is shipped.