Want more details about using Lighthouse? Check out our Features and Use page
How easy is setup?
- Once you’ve downloaded the app and plugged in the Lighthouse device, the app will prompt you to connect the device to your home wi-fi, then name the camera. That’s all you need to get up and running.
Does it plug in or use batteries?
- Lighthouse runs on a 12V plug, which supports 100-240V AC. Battery power is not available.
Where should I put the camera?
- For best results, place Lighthouse on a steady, level surface between 4 and 8 feet high. You should also make sure the camera's front has a clear view of the room with no obstructions.
Can it be mounted on the wall or ceiling?
- Yes, Lighthouse can be mounted on the wall. Mounts are available on www.light.house, but your Lighthouse shouldn’t be placed higher than 8 feet high or you risk losing accuracy for person- and facial recognition.
- Lighthouse should not be mounted on the ceiling, upside-down, or at too sharp an angle; doing so can severely limit the advanced computer vision that makes Lighthouse so valuable to you.
Can I use it outdoors?
- Lighthouse is designed and tested for indoor use only and is not weatherproof, so we recommend indoor use only. Use through a window will cause results to vary, so we do not recommend it.
How do I use multiple Lighthouse devices on the same account?
- It's easy: you can add as many devices as you'd like, and setting up subsequent devices is just as easy as setting up the first. You'll just turn the device on, wait for the app to find the device, connect it to your wi-fi and name the camera.
- Once you've added multiple cameras, viewing video from them is simple. You can search by the camera's name ("Who's in the kitchen?", "When was the dog in the bedroom?"), or toggle between the live streams from the app's Home tab.
How is my video stored?
- Your video is stored securely (see below) in the cloud so you can access it whenever you need. This means that unlike an internal memory card, if your camera is stolen you'll be able to access the video to find the culprit!
How do you keep my data and videos secure?
- Security and privacy are very important to us! All connections are encrypted with bank-level AES-256, 2048-bit keys and secure HTTP access (HTTPS) using TLS/SSL. Users log in using industry leading SRP-6a/PBKDF2 protocol. We keep your data stored privately and securely, and no one has access to your footage unless you explicitly provide permission.
Can I turn the camera off while I'm home?
- Yes, the Lighthouse app includes an option to turn the camera and/or audio off manually in case you want some extra privacy now and then.
Do I need a subscription?
- Lighthouse is designed for use with an active subscription, which provides its intelligent features and ability to view recorded video. The device will still stream live video without a subscription, but other features will be limited.
Is my subscription refunded if I return the device?
- Yes, if you wish to return the device within our 30-day return policy we'll issue a refund of the service as well.
Do you offer an extended warranty with the subscription?
- Lighthouse comes with a 1-year limited warranty and support for the life of the device, but we don't offer extended warranties.
Do subscriptions cost extra?
- When you buy a device on our site a subscription is automatically bundled in, so there's no extra cost to activate your device when you get it. If you've already bought from our site, you're all set!
When will my pre-order ship?
- We'll ship purchases in the order they were placed, starting in September, and we'll send an email with a tracking number when it's on the way. If you need to change your order or cancel it for a full refund, just email firstname.lastname@example.org from the email address you used to place the order.
When am I charged for my pre-order?
- You'll won't be charged until your pre-order ships! You'll need to enter credit card information at checkout, but we won't charge it until the order is shipped.
What if I need to change or cancel my order?
- We're here to help! Just send an email to email@example.com from the email address you placed the order with and let us know what you need.
Is Lighthouse available outside of the United States?
- Lighthouse is currently sold in the United States only. It has not yet been tested for international use.
- Some features will likely see diminished functionality in other countries. For example, our search function currently responds to English only.
What is Lighthouse's return policy?
- Lighthouse offers a 30-day return policy from the date your order is delivered. Please note, any original shipping and handling charges are not refundable, and the device must be received in its original condition to be eligible for a full refund.
What is Lighthouse's warranty policy?
- Lighthouse purchases come with a 1-year limited warranty, which begins when you receive the device.