AI Service includes our most popular features, like person and pet detection, facial recognition, smart notifications, action detection, plus 30 days of video history.
Lighthouse provides basic security without AI Service, but check out the details below to see how AI Service will improve your experience! Then, visit our Managing our AI Service plan page to sign up.
Pings (custom notifications)
Without AI Service, you'll get basic Pings based on camera names, the time of day in the past 24 hours, invited users arriving or leaving based on phone GPS, or 3D activity; for example:
- "Tell me if you see any activity while I’m not home"
- "Ping me when Jessica gets home"
With AI Service, your Pings can be based on people and pets, facial recognition, actions, and multiple days of the week, so you can be notified about all kinds of things:
- "Tell me if you don't see Jessica with the dog on weekends"
- "Let me know if you don’t see Andréas between 1pm and 2pm on Wednesdays"
- "Ping me if you see the kids running by the Front Door camera while Mey and I are not there after 4pm"
- "If you see anyone you don't recognize between 10pm and 6am, notify me"
- "Tell me if Jason doesn't arrive around 4pm on weekdays"
Facial recognition lets you set up Pings or search for video featuring specific people--or unknown people.
For example, if your kids don't have phones with GPS, you can still get notified when the camera sees them come in, but also find out if they're bringing home someone new:
- "Tell me when you see Andréas at the Front Door camera"
- "Show me any new faces you saw with the kids yesterday"
- "Ping me if you see anyone you don't know"
- "Show me video of Andréas and Jessica from last week"
- "Let me know if you don't see Jason around 4pm on weekdays"
Smart video search
With AI Service and 30 days of stored video, you can easily find any activity recorded by the camera for the last month on the Ask tab, no matter how detailed.
Once you locate videos, you also have the option to Save and Share them with friends and family on social media, in email, or on your desktop, and even forward video links to law enforcement if needed. For example:
- "What happened on May 19 between 11am and 3 pm while Andréas was home with the dog?"
- "Show me any new faces seen with the kids while Mey and I were not home 3 weeks ago"
- "Can I see a summary of last Wednesday?"
- "Show me what the children did with the cats between Tuesday the 1st and Thursday the 3rd"
- "What happened the day before yesterday between 11am and 1pm while Jason and Jessica were home and I was not?"
With AI Service, each day you can review a one-minute video that shows you a time lapse of all activity for the day, right from the Home screen. Periods of inactivity are sped up, so you can quickly see all of the person or pet activity that was recorded. You can pause, rewind, and fast-forward as needed, and use the handy time line as a basis for a search if you want to take a closer look at the recording in normal speed.
In addition, your AI Service adds handy shortcuts on the Home screen for all people, pets, and unknown faces seen in the last 24 hours, so you can quickly access the videos that show you these different activities.
Without AI Service, you can see an activity summary, but it won't be broken into categories for people, pets, and unknown faces.