Lighthouse's advanced computer vision and AI features require our AI Service plan. AI Service allows you to get the most out of Lighthouse for the cost of what other cameras charge for service alone. You get all of our artificial intelligence features, like person and pet detection, facial recognition, smart notifications by just asking, action detection, plus 30 days of video history.
While it is possible to use your Lighthouse camera without AI Service, please check out the details below to see how AI Service will improve your experience! Then, visit our Managing our AI Service plan page to sign up.
Pings are custom notifications that you can easily set up just by talking to your app on the Ask tab. Without AI Service, you can set basic Pings. These Pings can be based on camera names, the time of day in the past 24 hours, invited users arriving or leaving based on phone GPS, or 3D activity; for example:
- "Tell me if you see any activity while I’m not home"
- "Ping me when Jessica gets home"
- "Let me know if there is any activity by the Front Door camera between 1pm and 2pm"
With AI Service, your Pings can be based on people and pets, facial recognition, actions, and multiple days of the week, so you can be notified about all kinds of things:
- "Tell me if you don't see Jessica with the dog on weekends"
- "Let me know if you don’t see Andréas between 1pm and 2pm on Wednesdays"
- "Ping me if you see the kids running by the Front Door camera while Mey and I are not there after 4pm"
- "If you see anyone you don't recognize between 10pm and 6am, notify me"
- "Tell me if Jason doesn't arrive around 4pm on weekdays"
Our custom 3D time-of-flight sensor can capture faces that are seen by your Lighthouse camera. With AI Service, our computer vision models are then applied to the faces so that we build a gallery of images for each person seen. You can tag these images to assign them to specific people, like your spouse, your children, and other trusted guests. This means you can get an alert when someone you know is seen, as well as get notified when the camera sees someone it doesn't know.
Facial recognition lets you set up Pings or search for video on the Ask tab based on who has been seen, or not seen. For example, if your kids don't have phones with GPS, you can still get notified when the camera sees them come in, but also find out if they're bringing home someone new:
- "Tell me when you see Andréas at the Front Door camera"
- "Show me any new faces you saw with the kids yesterday"
- "Ping me if you see anyone you don't know"
- "Show me video of Andréas and Jessica from last week"
- "Let me know if you don't see Jason around 4pm on weekdays"
Smart video search
With AI Service and 30 days of stored video, you can easily find any activity recorded by the camera for the last month on the Ask tab, no matter how detailed. Once you locate videos, you also have the option to Save and Share them with friends and family on social media, in email, or on your desktop, and even forward video links to law enforcement if needed.
- "What happened on May 19 between 11am and 3 pm while Andréas was home with the dog?"
- "Show me any new faces seen with the kids while Mey and I were not home 3 weeks ago"
- "Can I see a summary of last Wednesday?"
- "Show me what the children did with the cats between Tuesday the 1st and Thursday the 3rd"
- "What happened the day before yesterday between 11am and 1pm while Jason and Jessica were home and I was not?"
With AI Service, each day you can review a one-minute video that shows you a time lapse of all activity for the day, right from the Home screen. Periods of inactivity are sped up, so you can quickly see all of the person or pet activity that was recorded. You can pause, rewind, and fast-forward as needed, and use the handy time line as a basis for a search if you want to take a closer look at the recording in normal speed.
In addition, your AI Service adds handy shortcuts on the Home screen for all people, pets, and unknown faces seen in the last 24 hours, so you can quickly access the videos that show you these different activities.
Without AI Service, you can see an activity summary, but it won't be broken into categories for people, pets, and unknown faces.