Lighthouse keeps you aware of everything going on at home, not just security-related events. Get notified when a child gets home from school, check in on a pet, or review footage from the past day.
How is home awareness different from security?
- Lighthouse does much more than catch intruders: set pings to keep track of family or pets, search for video of your kids playing, keep an eye on repair people while you’re gone, and more.
How do I set up a ping to have Lighthouse notify me of something?
- It's easy! In the app’s search tool, just tell Lighthouse what you want to know about, and we'll send you a ping as soon as it happens.
- For example, just tell Lighthouse "let me know if someone comes to walk the dog while I'm gone" and when the dog walker shows up you'll get a ping.
What can I set pings for?
- Pings can be set for anything Lighthouse can recognize:
- Adults, children and pets: You can ask for a specific person (“tell me when Lucy gets home” or by classification (“tell me when you see the kids” or “tell me when you see the kids with the dog”)
- Actions: Lighthouse can distinguish running and jumping actions (“Let me know if you see the kids running”)
- Time: You can ask questions like “show me who was here at 9pm yesterday” or “show me the dog last week”)
- Camera name: When you name your camera, you can search or create pings by camera name, so if your camera is named ‘front door’, you can ask “tell me if you see Tim running by the front door”
- You can search or set pings for any of the above. Lighthouse can't recognize every specific type of behavior (yet!), but can keep you aware of who's home, when they get back, if they don't get back by a certain time and more.
Does it monitor noise?
- The device contains two way audio and a speaker, that you can turn on and off through the app. We do not currently alert you to specific noises but we’re working on it!
Can I use it as a baby monitor?
- Lighthouse, like other streaming cameras, can be used safely as a baby monitor. Please keep the camera at least 3 inches away from your child, and of course, keep any wires safely tucked away and out of your child’s reach.
Does it monitor carbon dioxide (CO2), humidity or other environmental factors?
- The device captures audio and visual input, but other factors aren’t tracked.