Lighthouse supports multiple invited users viewing the same camera, multiple cameras on the same account, and different camera locations on the same account.
How do I use two or more Lighthouse devices on the same account?
- It's easy: you can add as many devices as you'd like, and setting up subsequent devices is just as easy as setting up the first. You'll just turn the device on, wait for the app to find the device, connect it to your wi-fi and name the camera.
- Once you've added multiple cameras, viewing video from them is simple. You can search by the camera's name ("Who's in the kitchen?", "When was the dog in the bedroom?") on the Ask tab, or toggle between the live streams from the app's Home tab.
For instructions on setting up more devices, please visit our Set up additional devices help article.
Can I have multiple invited users on the same Lighthouse system?
- Yes! Once you've set your Lighthouse up, it's easy to add new invited users right from your phone's contact list so the rest of your family can stay in touch with your home. There is no limit to the number of invited users you can add. Invited users will be tracked by GPS so you can see when they arrive and leave, and security alerts will automatically turn off and on.
What can invited users I add to my Lighthouse see and do?
- You get to choose! Lighthouse features three permissions levels:
- Owner: Full access to all user, site and camera settings.
- Member: Full access to the app, but cannot change settings or invite new users.
- Guest: A virtual key - you can see when they come and go, but they have no access to video footage or settings.
Can I see visitors even if I don't add them as invited users on my account?
- Yes, you can identify visitors without adding them as invited users by tagging their faces. Tagged users will not be tracked by GPS, so security alerts will not be turned on or off; however, you can get notifications if they are seen.
- Learn more about tagged users in this help article.
Can I set up cameras at multiple locations using the same account?
- Yes! Adding new cameras is easy, and the Lighthouse app allows you to add cameras to an existing location or create a brand new one. Just make sure during the setup process that the device's location is correct, and it will automatically arm when you're not there.