The Lighthouse app allows you to activate two way audio to check in with someone at home, or to respond when someone waves at the camera.
How do I get notified when someone waves at the camera?
- Lighthouse will recognize the wave, indicated by a flashing green light. If you (or any other users) have set up a Ping for waving (e.g. "Tell me when you see someone wave"), Lighthouse will send a notification that a person waved hello. If you catch it in time, activate the two way audio and say hello.
Why wasn't my wave recognized?
- We’ve set certain conditions for what counts as a wave, so you don’t get notifications when someone swats at a fly or brushes off his or her shirt.
- For a successful wave, stand about 5 feet from the camera, with your upper arm out straight and parallel to the floor. Then, bend the elbow to create a 90° angle, and wave normally with the forearm and hand while the upper arm stays still. For best results, wave like this a few times.
- If waving is picked up, the LED will blink green quickly.
How is two way audio activated?
- Just tap the 2-Way Talk button in your app's Home tab to hear what's going on, or talk to people at home.