With AI Service, Lighthouse can recognize a wave, and the app allows you to receive a notification when someone waves at the camera, and activate two way audio using the 2-Way Talk button to respond.
We’ve set certain conditions for what counts as a wave, so you don’t get notifications when someone swats at a fly or brushes off his or her shirt.
What's the best way to get my wave recognized?
- For a successful wave, stand about 5 feet from the camera, then bend the elbow to create a 90° angle, and wave with your fingers closed. Like this:
- Use your forearm and hand while keeping the upper arm still. For best results, wave like this a few times.
- If waving is picked up, the LED will blink green quickly.
How do I get notified when someone waves at the camera?
- Lighthouse will recognize the wave, indicated by a flashing green light. If you (or any other users) have set up a Ping for waving (e.g. "Tell me when you see someone wave"), Lighthouse will send a notification that a person waved hello. If you catch it in time, activate the two way audio and say hello.
How is two way audio activated?
- Just tap the 2-Way Talk button in your app's Home tab to hear what's going on, or talk to people at home.