Lighthouse will recognize the presence of anyone you give access to your account, but it can also recognize people on sight, plus identifying pets and kids differently from adults.
How does it recognize individual people?
- Lighthouse learns to identify someone's face, size, shape and movement. When our models have enough information they can identify people even without a clear view of the face. This information is for your home only and not stored or shared with any other users, or accessible by Lighthouse or third parties.
Can it tell kids from adults?
- Yes, Lighthouse's algorithms are trained to tell children from adults. Size is a factor in classifying children, so as children get older and bigger Lighthouse will eventually start counting them as adults.
How does it know if a person is a stranger or not?
- As Lighthouse learns to recognize individuals, it will automatically disarm the system if it sees a person known to you. If it doesn't recognize someone you'll get an alarm notification so you can judge for yourself.
Can I adjust the sensitivity of the camera vision to get more or less alerts?
- Good news: you won't need to! While some cameras rely on motion detection only, our advanced system makes sure you're only alerted if someone unrecognized is there while you're away, or if you've set up a ping (for more on pings and notifications, click here).
Will my pets trigger an alert?
- Nope! Lighthouse has spent years training our computer vision models to recognize a person from a pet, and we're constantly improving those models for maximum accuracy so we avoid unnecessary alerts.
Are there limits to its person recognition and computer vision?
- In certain conditions computer vision may be limited: the camera may not be able to recognize an individual from an incomplete view, and computer vision will be unreliable when pointed through a screen or window. Obviously if you place Lighthouse high and in a corner, it will be harder for the device to distinguish individual faces.
Can it recognize individual pets?
- Lighthouse can distinguish individual people, and people from pets, but won't distinguish (for example) two dogs that look the same
What actions can Lighthouse recognize?
- Lighthouse currently recognizes waving, running and jumping, so you can ask Lighthouse to show you when your kids are running, or your cat is jumping around. We’ve also built a special wave detector, so all owners get a pop-up notification when someone in the home waves in front of the camera.