Finding video in the Lighthouse app is easy: just ask the app to show you want you're looking for, or watch a Daily Recap (for video from the current day) or summary of previous days.
How do I find the video clips I want?
- Using the Lighthouse app's search feature just speak or type in what you want to see, and our natural language search will pull up the video--no sorting through tons of clips or learning special keywords for voice activation.
Do I have to use voice search?
- Voice search is great, but we know options are even better; Lighthouse search also features text input and the ability to select commonly used searches for quick access.
Can I clear my search history?
- Lighthouse does not store saved searches unless you specifically request them to be saved.
Do I have to use a special word to use voice search, like Amazon's Alexa or Google Home?
- No way! We make voice search easy, so just tap the voice search button in the Lighthouse app and say what you want to see, just like you're talking to a person.
Is there an extra charge for using voice features?
- As long as you've got an active Lighthouse Intelligence service plan (sold with each device purchased on our site) you'll have full access to every feature in our app.
Can voice search answer other types questions or turn on the lights?
- Lighthouse is designed to tell you anything you want to know about what the camera sees in your house, but isn't intended for internet searches or integration with other apps.
Do I need a subscription to watch recorded video?
- Yes, you'll need a subscription to Lighthouse Intelligence (to learn more, click here) for recorded video. All Lighthouse devices sold on our website come bundled with subscriptions, so you'll be ready to go from day one!
Can I view a summary instead of looking for something specific?
- Of course! You can ask Lighthouse search for a summary of what you want to see, or use the Daily Recap feature to scroll through your day with convenient labels to show when people or pets were seen.
Can I view live or recorded video from multiple cameras?
- Yes! You can add as many cameras as you'd like and easily toggle between the video streams.
- Searching is easy: search for a specific camera by name ("What happened in the kitchen?"), or search for results from all cameras ("What did the kids do today?") depending on what you’re looking for.
Can I view video on a computer instead of my phone?
- The Lighthouse app displays 1080p video in portrait and landscape mode, but we do not currently offer a desktop view.