Lighthouse can take the place of traditional home security systems or cameras. It uses advanced computer vision to make sure it only sends security alerts when you need to see them.
Please see below for details on arming and disarming the system, features when you receive an alert, and other capabilities:
What does arming and disarming mean? How does it work?
- When the camera is armed, you will receive a security alert if a person is seen in your home.
- Lighthouse uses your phone’s location services to arm automatically when you leave home and disarm when you return. You’re also able to manually arm/disarm the system right from the home screen by pressing the lock button.
How does the app know when I or another user is entering or leaving?
- When first setting up and account, users will be asked to allow the app to use the phone's location services. This allows your Lighthouse to confirm your entry or exit via your phone's GPS.
Can I schedule the system to arm and disarm itself?
- We don't currently offer this feature. Arming and monitoring is triggered automatically when you or another authorized person is away using the phone’s GPS, and can also be triggered manually from the Lighthouse app, but can't be set on a schedule.
If multiple people use the app, how does the system know when to arm/disarm?
- If multiple people in your household are using the app, it will automatically arm when the last person leaves (unless you manually arm it first). Then, it will disarm when the first person gets home.
Can I set activity zones for specific parts of the camera's view?
- You won't need to! Alert zones are necessary on other cameras to avoid false alarms from areas you don't care about, but our advanced 3D computer vision eliminates those false alarms, and with them the need to set up alert zones.
Does the camera come with a siren?
- Yes. Lighthouse includes a 100db siren, which you can activate when the camera sees someone it doesn't recognize.
- The siren can be manually triggered from your phone as soon as you receive a notification, but does not feature an automatic setting.
How do I contact 911 if I see an intruder?
- When the device notices an unknown person, it will send you a security alert, where you’ll be able to view the historical footage as well as the live camera view. From the alert screen you’ll be able to trigger the siren, activate two-way audio, or dial 911.
Does Lighthouse offer professional monitoring?
- While we don’t offer professional monitoring, you’ll get AI monitoring with our Lighthouse Intelligence service plan. Our alerts are so accurate and customizable you won’t need someone to sort through what needs attention and what doesn’t.
Does the camera have night vision?
- Yes. Lighthouse features automatic night vision, and our 3D computer vision also works just as well at night as during the day, so we’ve got you covered 24 hours a day.
Can Lighthouse be used in an outdoor area, or through a window?
- Lighthouse is designed and tested for indoor use only and is not weatherproof, so we recommend indoor use only. Use through a window will cause results to vary, so we do not recommend it.
Does it monitor carbon dioxide (CO2), humidity or other environmental factors?
- The device can capture audio and visual input, but other factors aren’t tracked.