Lighthouse can take the place of traditional home security systems or cameras. It uses advanced computer vision to make sure it only sends security alerts when you need to see them.
Please see below for details on turning security alerts on and off, features when you receive a security alert, and other capabilities.
What does turning security alerts on and off do? How does it work?
- When the security alerts are turned on, you will receive a security alert if a person is seen in your home.
- Lighthouse uses your phone’s location services to turn security alerts on automatically when you leave home and turn security alerts off when you return. You’re also able to manually turn security alerts off and on right from the home screen by pressing the padlock button.
For detailed steps, check out our Security Alerts help article.
How does the app know when I or another authorized user is entering or leaving?
- When first setting up an account, authorized users will be asked to allow the app to use the phone's location services. This allows your Lighthouse to confirm your entry or exit via your phone's GPS.
Your Lighthouse detects GPS location automatically during setup, but if you need to change it, you can edit your App settings.
Can I schedule the system to turn security alerts on and off at certain times?
- We don't currently offer this feature. Turning security alerts on and off is triggered automatically when you or another authorized user is away using the phone’s GPS, and can also be triggered manually from the Home tab of the Lighthouse app, but can't be set on a schedule.
If multiple people use the app, how does the system know when to turn security alerts on and off?
- If multiple people in your household are using the app, security alerts will automatically turn on when the last authorized user leaves (unless you manually arm it first). Then, security alerts will automatically turn off when the first authorized user gets home.
Take a look at our Add and manage users help article if you still need to add authorized users to your Lighthouse app.
Can I set activity zones for specific parts of the camera's view?
- You won't need to! Alert zones are necessary on other cameras to avoid false alarms from areas you don't care about, but our advanced 3D computer vision eliminates those false alarms, and with them the need to set up alert zones.
Does the camera come with a siren?
- Yes. Lighthouse includes a 100db siren, which you can activate when the camera sees someone it doesn't recognize and sends you a security alert.
- The siren can be manually triggered from your phone as soon as you receive a notification, but does not feature an automatic setting.
How do I contact 911 if I see an intruder?
- When the device notices an unknown person, it will send you a security alert, where you’ll be able to view the historical footage as well as the live camera view. From the alert screen you’ll be able to dial 911.
Does Lighthouse offer professional monitoring?
- While we don’t offer professional monitoring, you’ll get AI monitoring with our Lighthouse Intelligence service plan. Our alerts are so accurate and customizable you won’t need someone to sort through what needs attention and what doesn’t.
Does the camera have night vision?
- Yes. Lighthouse features automatic night vision, and our 3D computer vision also works just as well at night as during the day, so we’ve got you covered 24 hours a day.
Can Lighthouse be used in an outdoor area, or through a window?
- Lighthouse is designed and tested for indoor use only and is not weatherproof, so we recommend indoor use only. Use through a window will cause results to vary, so we do not recommend it.
Does it monitor carbon dioxide (CO2), humidity or other environmental factors?
- The device can capture audio and visual input, but other factors aren’t tracked.