Lighthouse comes with a preset security notification called a Ping to let you when the camera sees “Person-related activity while all invited users are away.”
You can also create custom notifications (Pings) for any other activity that might interest you, such as activity at certain times of day, or while certain users are away from home
What does a “Person-related activity while all invited users are away” Ping do? How does it work?
- When you and invited users are away from home, your default security Ping will automatically send a notification if a person is seen, or if there is movement that may interest you, like a door opening. Using phone location, Lighthouse knows when no one’s home, and alerts you if it sees something you might want to know about (like a person, or a door opening).
For detailed steps, check out our Security notifications help article.
How does the app know when I or another invited user is entering or leaving?
- When first setting up an account, invited users will be asked to allow the app to use the phone's location services. It uses these service only to tell when you come and go, and not to check your location while you’re away.
Your Lighthouse detects GPS location automatically during setup, but if you need to change it, you can edit your App settings.
Do I need to arm or schedule the default security Ping?
- Nope: as long as you invite your household members to the app, the default Ping works automatically! It’s triggered when any person-related activity is seen while you or another invited user is away, and won’t send a notification when any invited users are home.
- If you’d like to schedule notifications while you’re home, you can create custom Pings based on time of day or day of the week to be notified of activity at specific times.
If multiple people use the app, how does the system know when to send the default security Ping?
- If multiple people in your household are using the app, Lighthouse will only send security notifications when it detects (using their phones’ GPS) that everyone’s away from home.
- If person-related activity is detected when everyone’s away, all account users will receive a notification. Then, when the first invited user gets home, the Ping will stop being triggered.
Take a look at our Add and manage users help article if you still need to add invited users to your Lighthouse app.
Does the camera come with a siren?
- Yes. Lighthouse includes a 100db siren, which you can activate from the Home tab.
- The siren can be manually triggered from your app as soon as you receive a notification, but does not feature an automatic setting.
Does the camera have night vision?
- Yes. Lighthouse features automatic night vision, and our 3D computer vision also works just as well at night as during the day, so we’ve got you covered 24 hours a day.
Can Lighthouse be used in an outdoor area, or through a window?
- Lighthouse is designed and tested for indoor use only and is not weatherproof, so we recommend indoor use only. Use through a window will cause results to vary, so we do not recommend it.
Does it monitor carbon dioxide (CO2), humidity or other environmental factors?
- Right now, Lighthouse doesn’t monitor for environmental factors, but please contact us if you’ve got suggestions for what you’d like to see in the future.
Can I set activity zones for specific parts of the camera's view?
- You won't need to! Alert zones are necessary on other cameras to avoid false alarms from areas you don't care about, but our advanced 3D computer vision eliminates those false alarms, and with them the need to set up alert zones.