How easy is setup/installation?
- Once you’ve downloaded the app and plugged in the Lighthouse device, the app will prompt you to connect the device to your home wi-fi, then name the camera. That’s all you need to get up and running.
Please visit our Set up your first Lighthouse help article to watch a video, see step-by-step instructions, or download a manual.
Will it work with my home wireless internet?
- Lighthouse works with most high-speed wireless routers. It is compatible with 2.4GHz and 5GHz, 802.11a/b/g/n
Is my mobile device compatible with Lighthouse?
- The Lighthouse app is compatible with iPhones running iOS 10 and newer), and Android phones running 4.4 and newer. We do not support tablets, Blackberry OS and Windows Phone, or Windows 10 Mobile.
Does it plug in or use batteries?
- Lighthouse runs on a 12V plug, which supports 100-240V AC. Battery power is not available.
Where should I put the camera?
- For best results, place Lighthouse on a steady, level surface between 4 and 8 feet high. You should also make sure the camera's front has a clear view of the room with no obstructions.
Can it be mounted on the wall or ceiling?
- Yes, Lighthouse can be mounted on the wall. Mounts are available in our store, but your Lighthouse shouldn’t be placed higher than 8 feet high or you risk losing accuracy for person- and facial recognition.
- Lighthouse should not be mounted on the ceiling, upside-down, or at too sharp an angle; doing so can severely limit the advanced computer vision that makes Lighthouse so valuable to you.
Can I use Lighthouse outside?
- Lighthouse is designed and tested for indoor use only and is not weatherproof, so we recommend indoor use only. Use through a window will cause results to vary, so we do not recommend it.