Lighthouse provides a live video feed in the app, so you can check in anytime. Your video is also stored securely in the cloud for easy access whenever you want it. For more detail on storage, security and more, see below.
How is my video stored?
- Your video is stored securely (see below) in the cloud so you can access it whenever you need. This means that unlike an internal memory card, if your camera is stolen you'll be able to access the video to find the culprit!
Can I share and save video?
- The Lighthouse app makes sharing video easy, so you can share or save as many of those important moments as you’d like. You can also easily modify other users' permission settings to restrict who can see video from the camera.
Can I store my video locally on my own server?
- All video is stored securely in Amazon Web Services (AWS). We have built easy options for you to share and download individual clips from your app. Since our computer vision system needs to process the video feed in the secure AWS cloud, local storage is not an option.
How do you keep my data and videos secure?
- Security and privacy are very important to us! All connections are encrypted with bank-level AES-256, 2048-bit keys and secure HTTP access (HTTPS) using TLS/SSL. Users log in using industry leading SRP-6a/PBKDF2 protocol. We encrypt your data at rest, and no employee has access to your footage unless you explicitly provide permission via the app. We do not, and never will, share your data with a third party unless it’s a) required for the functioning of the app or b) legally required via subpoena. Check out our data security and privacy policies for more.
Do I need a subscription?
- Lighthouse is designed for use with an active subscription, which provides its intelligent features and ability to view recorded video. The device will still stream live video without a subscription, but other features will be limited. For more about our AI Service plan, click here.
Is video saved on the camera if the internet connection goes down?
- The camera doesn't feature on-board storage of video clips, so video will only be saved until the moment of disconnection.
Is the camera always streaming, even when I’m not watching it?
- The camera will always be connected and sending video, but as long as your home internet’s upload bandwidth is 1Mbps or higher you shouldn’t have any problems.
If the power goes out, will the camera automatically reconnect when it comes back?
- Yes (as long as the internet comes back with the power!). As soon as the power comes back, Lighthouse will start rebooting and attempt to reconnect. No work required from you!